Menu

Delany: Let players bypass college


Big Ten commissioner said Wednesday that Division I football and basketball might be better served by following Major League Baseball's model, in that players are allowed to sign professionally right out of high school. "Maybe in football and basketball, it would work better if more kids had a chance to go directly into the professional ranks," Delany said. (ESPN.com)

Related:

The Dark Money Behind Duke Basketball
Duke has steamrolled its way to the Final Four because it has one of the greatest collections of players in modern college basketball history. Yet...

CBS crew honors Greg Gumbel by wearing Rolling Stones apparel
Greg Gumbel was on the minds of those in the CBS Studio for the Selection Sunday show on March 16. Some members of the CBS...

Why college basketball coaches say the game no longer has the same appeal
Leonard Hamilton, now 76 and stepping away from a business he barely recognizes anymore, says he is at peace with leaving coaching. More than a...

2025 Final Four: Evaluating Duke vs. Houston, Florida vs. Auburn as March Madness reaches final week
After two exciting weekends of NCAA Tournament action, the 2025 Final Four field is set. The bracket started with 68 teams earlier this month, and...


© 2005-2025 Tar Heel Times | Contact | Privacy Policy | Site Map | RSS | Did UNC Win?

Tar Heel Times is an unofficial resource for UNC fans and is not affiliated with the University of North Carolina.